MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Robert Romanek of Mamaroneck died Jan. 16. He was 80.
Romanek was a Mamaroneck auxiliary police officer for 40 years.
He was born Aug. 15, 1932, to Ann and Carol Romanek. He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War and was a member of the American Legion. Romanek worked as a heavy equipment operator for the IUOE Local 137 for more than 40 years.
Romanek is survived by his wife, Helen Yager Romanek; four children, Cheryll Romanek (Theresa Latham) Scarangella, Lauri Wheeler, Ann (Jerome) Chiappetta and Karla (Daniel) Purcell; nine grandchildren; and a great-grandchild. He was predeceased by four brothers, Henry, Ted, Walter and Carol.
Visitation is from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Friday at Coxe and Graziano Funeral Home in Mamaroneck. There will be a service at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Hospice Care in Westchester & Putnam. 540 White Plains Road, Suite 300, Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Larchmont, Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 NTSB Says It Could Take Full Year To Complete Valhalla Crash Investigation
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation