LARCHMONT, N.Y. – Ruth Carson Collins, co-founder of Badger Sports Club in Larchmont, died Oct. 9. She was 100.
Born in New Rochelle, Collins graduated from New Rochelle High School in 1930. She married Jack Collins during World War II and in 1945, they started Badger Swim Club at its present location in Larchmont.
Collins and her husband ran the camp together until his death in 1973. She then ran the swim club with her son, John, and later her grandson, John III. Badger Sports Club has trained swimmers that went on to compete in several Olympic competitions.
She is survived by a son, John; and four grandsons, John III, Brett, Wyatt, Jack Collins.
A wake will be held from 12 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Badger Sports Club at 119 Rockland Ave. in Larchmont. Interment will be private. John J. Fox Funeral Home in Larchmont is handling arrangements.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 3 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 4 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 5 Apiary Prepared Foods Opens In Larchmont