LARCHMONT, N.Y. – Ruth Carson Collins, co-founder of Badger Sports Club in Larchmont, died Oct. 9. She was 100.
Born in New Rochelle, Collins graduated from New Rochelle High School in 1930. She married Jack Collins during World War II and in 1945, they started Badger Swim Club at its present location in Larchmont.
Collins and her husband ran the camp together until his death in 1973. She then ran the swim club with her son, John, and later her grandson, John III. Badger Sports Club has trained swimmers that went on to compete in several Olympic competitions.
She is survived by a son, John; and four grandsons, John III, Brett, Wyatt, Jack Collins.
A wake will be held from 12 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Badger Sports Club at 119 Rockland Ave. in Larchmont. Interment will be private. John J. Fox Funeral Home in Larchmont is handling arrangements.
- 1 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 4 Mucinex Cold, Flu Medicine Recall Announced
- 5 Westchester Property Taxes Are Nation's Highest