LARCHMONT, N.Y. - Virginia Sloane died Aug. 24. She was 91.
Sloane lived in Larchmont, New York and Manhattan. She was elected president of the Heckscher Foundation for Children in 1986 and presided over its affairs for many years. In 2012, she became president emeritus.
Sloane is survived by her children, Gail Sloane Meyers (Andrew Hall) and Peter Sloane (Jaar-mel Sevin Sloane); five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
A private funeral will be held for family members. A memorial will be held at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to an organization of the donor's choosing which serves the interests of children in need.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Mamaroneck Tigers Prepare For Sectional Sports Titles