LARCHMONT, N.Y. - Virginia Sloane died Aug. 24. She was 91.
Sloane lived in Larchmont, New York and Manhattan. She was elected president of the Heckscher Foundation for Children in 1986 and presided over its affairs for many years. In 2012, she became president emeritus.
Sloane is survived by her children, Gail Sloane Meyers (Andrew Hall) and Peter Sloane (Jaar-mel Sevin Sloane); five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
A private funeral will be held for family members. A memorial will be held at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to an organization of the donor's choosing which serves the interests of children in need.
- 1 Mamaroneck Ranks Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 3 National Weather Service: Winter Won't Be So Bad In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks