MIAMI, Fla. - Vito Tiberius Piacente, resident of Miami, formerly of Mamaroneck, died May 24. He was 86.
Piacente was born April 14, 1928, he was the son of Salvatore and Vincenza (Gironda) Piacente. He was a graduate of Mamaroneck High School and served in the U.S. Army for two years, stationed in Japan. He then went on to receive a Bachelor and Masters degree in education from Miami University. He was the athletic director and assistant principal for North Miami Beach High School for 35 years.
Piacente is survived by his daughters, Maryanne Brewer Kennedy of Hudson, Fla., and Joty Granzee of Garland, Texas; and siblings, Jessie Carullo (Bill) of Florida, Mary Poccia (Ernest) and Ed Piacente (Ida) of Mamaroneck. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Joan Santucci; and siblings, Ray Zuccareli and Victor Piacente.
Burial was private and military services were held in Lake Worth. A Memorial Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 7 at St. Vito's RC Church.
For more information, please visit: http://www.coxeandgraziano.com
- 1 Larchmont's Wendy Gee! Will Close Its Doors After 24 Years
- 2 Mamaroneck Defeats Mahopac In Overtime To Win Boys Lacrosse Sectional Title
- 3 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans
- 4 Rye Neck Resident Credits Loyal Customers To Business Success
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak