MIAMI, Fla. - Vito Tiberius Piacente, resident of Miami, formerly of Mamaroneck, died May 24. He was 86.
Piacente was born April 14, 1928, he was the son of Salvatore and Vincenza (Gironda) Piacente. He was a graduate of Mamaroneck High School and served in the U.S. Army for two years, stationed in Japan. He then went on to receive a Bachelor and Masters degree in education from Miami University. He was the athletic director and assistant principal for North Miami Beach High School for 35 years.
Piacente is survived by his daughters, Maryanne Brewer Kennedy of Hudson, Fla., and Joty Granzee of Garland, Texas; and siblings, Jessie Carullo (Bill) of Florida, Mary Poccia (Ernest) and Ed Piacente (Ida) of Mamaroneck. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Joan Santucci; and siblings, Ray Zuccareli and Victor Piacente.
Burial was private and military services were held in Lake Worth. A Memorial Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, June 7 at St. Vito's RC Church.
For more information, please visit: http://www.coxeandgraziano.com
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck
- 3 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Larchmont, Mamaroneck