MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A Rocky Hollow Road resident reported to Mamaroneck Town police on Saturday, Aug. 25, that she was missing numerous items from her home.
Although she was unsure of when the items were taken, more than $5,000 worth of valuables went missing sometime between June and now.
The items include a Burberry scarf worth $350, a gold chain worth $750, about $200 worth of silverware, $4,000 of U.S. currency and $500 of other currency.
The following items also were reported by Mamaroneck Town police:
Trail Assault: A 17-year-old walking along the Leatherstocking Trail off of Rockland Avenue in Mamaroneck was assaulted Monday, Aug. 20, by three other teenagers. One 16-year-old and two 18-year-olds knocked him to the ground and punched and kicked him. The victim suffered minor cuts and bruising from the attack. Names of the suspects were not released because they were all charged as youthful offenders, police said.
Store Burglary: A delivery sign and bread were stolen from Augie’s on Boston Post Road overnight between Saturday, Aug. 25, and Sunday, Aug. 26. There was no forced entry to the building.
Identity Theft: A Larchmont Acres resident reported that someone had filed a federal income tax return under her name in April. She contacted the Internal Revenue Service, which asked that she notify local authorities so they could begin an investigation into the identity theft.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning As 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell