MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Firefighters quickly extinguished a small fire Wednesday afternoon in the basement of a Mamaroneck home.
The fire, at 127 Highview St., was put out by 5:35 p.m.
The cause of the fire was prompted by a plumbers torch that was knocked over in the basement of the house, Village of Mamaroneck Fire Chief Chris Szymanowski said.
"It was put out quickly and that's it; it was small and easy," he said.
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Will See Widespread Snow Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News