NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. – An unidentified man has died of his injuries in New Rochelle after being struck in the head with a bottle late on Monday night, May 26.
Police confirmed that a 58-year-old man succumbed to his injuries at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital after being struck in the head in the parking lot behind the CVS on North Avenue.
According to reports, a group of possibly inebriated people from a nearby homeless shelter may be responsible for the assault. The suspect fled the scene after striking the victim over the head with a beer bottle.
Police continued the investigation into Tuesday afternoon before clearing the scene. Fifth Avenue resident Bill Meyers, who said he frequents that CVS “at least once a week,” was unsettled by the violent crime so close to his home.
“It seems like the details are still hazy, but they aren’t painting a pretty picture of a place my kids and I go to often,” he said. “You never want to see a crime in your city, but especially not this close to home. It’s a little scary that the person is still on the loose.”
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck
- 3 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 4 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Larchmont, Mamaroneck