BRIARCLIFF MANOR, N.Y. – The Briarcliff man whose 4-year-old son was found dead in a Mamaroneck home Monday said he would “never be able to comprehend the actions” of the boy’s mother.
In a statement released through his lawyers, Dr. Tim Reish called the death of his son Jason “incomprehensible and unimaginable.” Reish’s lawyers, Tarrytown attorneys Guttridge and Cambareri, released the statement Wednesday morning.
The boy's mother, Manuela Maria Morgado, was arraigned on a second-degree murder charge in Mamaroneck Village Court late Monday. Police said they found Morgado “semi-conscious” Monday afternoon in her Mamaroneck home after a family member called 911 asking that someone check on her. The 4-year-old son was dead when police arrived.
Published reports say the boy may have been asphyxiated by helium and the mother attempted to overdose on pills. Morgado was holding the boy in her arms when authorities found them, reports said.
“We will never be able to comprehend the heinous actions of Jake's mother,” Reish said in the statement. “We leave this matter in the capable hands of the authorities to secure justice for Jake and our family.”
Reish also asked that the media respect the family’s privacy and added that his family had “no intention of making any further comment at this time.”
- 1 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 2 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 3 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 4 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer
- 5 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon