MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A teenager pulled into a spot in the Stop & Shop parking lot Tuesday, April 29, and accidentally drove over the ledge and on top of two cars parked in the lot below, according to the Town of Mamaroneck Police Department.
No one was inside either of the two cars parked in the lot behind Home Fair Cameras and the teen driver of the SUV was not injured. The teen said he mistook the gas pedal for the brake pedal, according to the police report.
All three cars were damaged and no charges were filed.
The teen's car landed perpendicular and on top of the two cars below. The small wood post in between the parking space and parking lot ledge was broken and remains taped off Wednesday.
Another driver mistook the gas for the brake pedal Friday, April 25, and drove through the glass storefront of White Plains Dialysis Center in the White Plains Mall.
The driver was a dialysis patient showing up for an appointment, when she jumped the curb and destroyed the storefront.
White Plains Dialysis remains open, since its main entrance is inside the mall.
- 1 Le Sirene Ristorante Opens In Larchmont
- 2 Mamaroneck Celebrates July 4 With Picnics, Pyrotechnics
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson