LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- The cause of Sunday's fire that left a dozen Larchmont families homeless and impacted businesses on Palmer Avenue remains under investigation, officials said on Monday.
The blaze broke out around 3 a.m. in one of the upper floors at 1912 Palmer Ave.
No residents were hurt, but at least two pets died in the fire, and one firefighter was injured.
Larchmont Fire Department officials said that all of the families left homeless by the weekend fire have found temporary shelter with friends or other family members.
Larchmont fire officials said the cause is believed to be accidental, but investigators have had trouble getting access to the apartment where the fire is believed to have started.
"Larchmont was just getting on the right track and now we have lost stores," one village resident said. "Not sure if you have been down to the scene, but it's horrible!"