MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The Town of Mamaroneck Police Benevolent Association has teamed up with the town Fire Department to compete against each other in their first flag football game and barbecue.
“I proposed this event in March,” said Police Officer Ron McKeegan. “I wanted to bring more attention to the men and women fighting overseas and bring the community together in a positive way.”
Admission to the game is free, but the teams hope to raise money through the barbecue, game-day raffles and T-shirt sales to support the Wounded Warrior Project.
“I want to show respect to previous and current generations of men and women fighting,” McKeegan said. “It’s the least I can do to help bring attention to it.”
The game will take place Sept. 29 at Flint Park on Locust Avenue in Larchmont. The barbecue begins at 2 p.m., and kickoff is at 4:30 p.m., rain or shine.
Both the Police Department and the Fire Department would like the thank Larchmont Gourmet Deli for sponsoring this event with help from Snapple Poland Spring Water and Apple Provisions.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Police Charge Student In Swastika Case At Purchase College
- 3 Snow Could Return To Larchmont, Mamaroneck For Morning Commute
- 4 Chance Of Snow, Wind Chills In 20s Await Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents