MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The Town of Mamaroneck Police Benevolent Association has teamed up with the town Fire Department to compete against each other in their first flag football game and barbecue.
“I proposed this event in March,” said Police Officer Ron McKeegan. “I wanted to bring more attention to the men and women fighting overseas and bring the community together in a positive way.”
Admission to the game is free, but the teams hope to raise money through the barbecue, game-day raffles and T-shirt sales to support the Wounded Warrior Project.
“I want to show respect to previous and current generations of men and women fighting,” McKeegan said. “It’s the least I can do to help bring attention to it.”
The game will take place Sept. 29 at Flint Park on Locust Avenue in Larchmont. The barbecue begins at 2 p.m., and kickoff is at 4:30 p.m., rain or shine.
Both the Police Department and the Fire Department would like the thank Larchmont Gourmet Deli for sponsoring this event with help from Snapple Poland Spring Water and Apple Provisions.
- 1 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 2 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 3 Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody In Mount Vernon
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle