MAMARONECK, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mamaroneck and Larchmont this week:
- Two contractors were rushed to the hospital after suffering severe body burns when a one-alarm fire started in the kitchen of a home at 37 Woodbine Avenue in Larchmont late Thursday morning.
- Mamaroneck officials are considering legislation that would ban planting running bamboo anywhere within the village limits.
- New York is the worst state in the country to be a taxpayer, according to rankings released by WalletHub.com.
- Larchmont Mayor Anne McAndrews and village Trustees Marlene Kolbert and Peter Fanelli were reelected to new terms after running unopposed on Tuesday.
- The gap between the rich and the poor in the New York Metro area, including Westchester, was recently ranked the third widest in the U.S., according to a new study about income inequality by real estate website Trulia.
- Jack Weitz of Lake Worth, formerly of Larchmont, N.Y., died March 16. He was 102.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mamaroneck Skies Sunday
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 3 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says
- 4 Mamaroneck Ice Rink Reopens To Smiles, Spills After Renovation
- 5 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station