LARCHMONT, N.Y. - A tree fell on Alden Road in Larchmont Thursday morning, taking down three poles and triggering a transformer fire.
The tree fell near the intersection of Alden Road and West Boston Post Road at around 9:20 a.m. The tree fell onto a wire, which was pulled down onto other poles and wires, witnesses said.
Town of Mamaroneck firefighters and other officials helped extinguish a transformer that was on fire. The fire was out by 11 a.m.
"I guess tension from all the other poles, they all started falling," said Paul Pasacreta, who works at the Lexus dealership across the street. "That transformer blew up about four times."
About three poles had fallen in the incident. Police still had the area blocked off at about 11:15 a.m.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mamaroneck's Skinny House Nominated As Historic Place
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Manhattan Building Collapses After Apparent Gas Explosion
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Trader Joe's Recalls Walnuts Because Of Possible Health Risk