LARCHMONT, N.Y. – A privately-hired fireworks barge caught fire about a quarter mile off the Larchmont Break Water at 9:39 p.m. Wednesday night.
The fire was quickly extinguished by the barge crew, the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department’s Marine 2 sea vessel and a private, on-water emergency fleet called Sea Tow.
The Larchmont Fire Department initially responded to the Larchmont Shore Club, but was redirected to the Larchmont Yacht Club, which had hired the company to do a private fireworks show, according to Fire Department officials.
Larchmont’s Fire Department does not have a boat, so the Village of Mamaroneck’s Marine Unit responded. The unit already had boats on the water for the Harbor Island Fireworks show, according to Village of Mamaroneck Fire Chief Chris Szymanowski.
No injuries were reported because of the fire.
- 1 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Mamaroneck Couple Donates $5M To Purchase College
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 5 Former Mamaroneck Schools Superintendent Appointed At White Plains