LARCHMONT, N.Y. – A privately-hired fireworks barge caught fire about a quarter mile off the Larchmont Break Water at 9:39 p.m. Wednesday night.
The fire was quickly extinguished by the barge crew, the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department’s Marine 2 sea vessel and a private, on-water emergency fleet called Sea Tow.
The Larchmont Fire Department initially responded to the Larchmont Shore Club, but was redirected to the Larchmont Yacht Club, which had hired the company to do a private fireworks show, according to Fire Department officials.
Larchmont’s Fire Department does not have a boat, so the Village of Mamaroneck’s Marine Unit responded. The unit already had boats on the water for the Harbor Island Fireworks show, according to Village of Mamaroneck Fire Chief Chris Szymanowski.
No injuries were reported because of the fire.
- 1 Mamaroneck Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Rye Neck Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 3 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 4 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching
- 5 Mamaroneck Residents Part Of The Team Behind 'Foxcatcher'