LARCHMONT, N.Y. – A privately-hired fireworks barge caught fire about a quarter mile off the Larchmont Break Water at 9:39 p.m. Wednesday night.
The fire was quickly extinguished by the barge crew, the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department’s Marine 2 sea vessel and a private, on-water emergency fleet called Sea Tow.
The Larchmont Fire Department initially responded to the Larchmont Shore Club, but was redirected to the Larchmont Yacht Club, which had hired the company to do a private fireworks show, according to Fire Department officials.
Larchmont’s Fire Department does not have a boat, so the Village of Mamaroneck’s Marine Unit responded. The unit already had boats on the water for the Harbor Island Fireworks show, according to Village of Mamaroneck Fire Chief Chris Szymanowski.
No injuries were reported because of the fire.
- 1 Le Sirene Ristorante Opens In Larchmont
- 2 Mamaroneck Celebrating July 4 With A Bang
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director