LARCHMONT, N.Y. – A privately-hired fireworks barge caught fire about a quarter mile off the Larchmont Break Water at 9:39 p.m. Wednesday night.
The fire was quickly extinguished by the barge crew, the Village of Mamaroneck Fire Department’s Marine 2 sea vessel and a private, on-water emergency fleet called Sea Tow.
The Larchmont Fire Department initially responded to the Larchmont Shore Club, but was redirected to the Larchmont Yacht Club, which had hired the company to do a private fireworks show, according to Fire Department officials.
Larchmont’s Fire Department does not have a boat, so the Village of Mamaroneck’s Marine Unit responded. The unit already had boats on the water for the Harbor Island Fireworks show, according to Village of Mamaroneck Fire Chief Chris Szymanowski.
No injuries were reported because of the fire.
- 1 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Widow In Harrison Murder-Suicide Will Receive Death Benefit
- 4 Suicide Note Left By Former White Plains Police Officer Tops Week's News
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Larchmont, Mamaroneck