MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A Mamaroneck Village man has been charged with two counts of assault after two men were attacked on Sunday, according to Mamaroneck Village Police.
Rolando Velasquez-Fuentes, 20, was accused of using a broken beer bottle against the men during an altercation, according to police. A 22-year-old man was taken to the hospital with lacerations to his stomach and right leg and a 24-year-old man was taken to the hospital with lacerations to his back. Both men were also from Mamaroneck Village and said to be acquaintances of the suspect, according to police.
The incident occurred on Mamaroneck Avenue around 1:20 a.m. and it is unknown what led to the attack, according to police. Velasquez-Fuentes was charged with two counts of first-degree assault and his bail was set at $75,000. He is due in court on Aug. 16.
Also in this week’s blotter:
- Police charged Angel Gramajo, 34, of White Plains with driving while intoxicated after he was stopped for a traffic infraction on Van Ranst Place on Aug 12 around 10 p.m. He is due in court on Aug. 16.
- Bronx resident Carlos Rivera, 51, was stopped by police on Mamaroneck Avenue on Aug. 12 around 5 a.m. and was subsequently charged with driving while intoxicated. He is due in court on Aug. 16.
- A Mamaroneck Town man was charged on Aug. 11 around 4 a.m. with driving while intoxicated. Mathew Bender, 23, was stopped on Mamaroneck Avenue by police and is due in court Aug. 23.
- Two small bags of marijuana and a small bag of hallucinogenic mushrooms were found in a New Rochelle resident’s car after a traffic stop on West Boston Post Road on Aug. 11. Susana Moreno, 29, was stopped by police who then detected the smell of marijuana coming from her car. She was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and is scheduled for a court appearance on Aug. 23.
- Lilliam Valencia, 37, of White Plains was charged with driving while ability impaired after a traffic stop on Rushmore Avenue pn Aug. 10 around 4:15 a.m.