NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Westchester County District Attorney Janet DiFiore announced that Guillermmo Merino, 39, of New Rochelle was arraigned on a felony complaint of sexual abuse.
Merino was charged with four counts of persistent sexual abuse, class “E” felonies. Over a period of 11 days, in four separate incidents, the suspect was accused of inappropriately touching four women, according to the district attorney's office.
The incidents occurred during the following time span, according to the D.A.:
• On Wednesday, June 18, at approximately 8:02 p.m. at the intersection of Sickles Avenue and Prince Street, in New Rochelle
• On Monday, June 23, at approximately 8:25 a.m., on Van Guilder Avenue, in New Rochelle
• On Friday, June 27, at approximately 7:15 a.m., at 28 Harrison Street, in New Rochelle
• On Sunday, June 29, 5:35 p.m., at 24 Station Plaza, in New Rochelle
In each of the incidents, the suspect was accused of intentionally grabbing a victim’s buttocks, without permission or consent, for the purpose of gratifying his sexual desire, the D.A. said.
The charges in this complaint stem from the defendant committing the offense of forcible touching, a misdemeanor, according to the D.A.
However, over the last 10 years, if the defendant has been convicted two or more times of forcible touching, in separate criminal transactions and had been sentenced for one of the enumerated crimes, these subsequent charges are elevated to felonies.
He was previously convicted of forcible touching on January 17, 2014, June 15, 2007 and on March 15, 2007.
The defendant was arrested by New Rochelle police on Monday, June 30. Bail was continued at $25,000 cash or bond.
His next court appearance will be on Monday, July 21. He faces a maximum sentence of four years in prison on each count.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 4 Mamaroneck Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 5 Accident Involving Car, Tractor Trailer Creates Morning Gridlock On I-95