MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A 20-year-old New Rochelle man reportedly was robbed at knifepoint early Wednesday morning on Mamaroneck Avenue and then threatened when he attempted to call police.
According to the police report, the man said he was walking on Mamaroneck Avenue around 1 a.m. when Derek Winchester, 32, of Mamaroneck Village, approached him with a knife, demanding money. The victim handed over $40 to Winchester, police said.
A short time afterward, a second man, Pereese Jackson, 25, of Mamaroneck Village, pushed and slapped the victim and attempted to take his cell phone to prevent him from calling 9-1-1, according to the police report.
Winchester was charged by police with first-degree robbery and Jackson was charged with second-degree harassment and fourth-degree criminal mischief.
Also in this week’s blotter:
- A 2006 Pontiac that was reported stolen to Mamaroneck Village police was recovered Wednesday night in Yonkers. The car had damage to the ignition.
- On Tuesday, two men ate at an East Boston Post Road restaurant in Mamaroneck Village and left without paying. The owner did not want to press charges, but wanted the incident documented.
- 1 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 3 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 4 Mamaroneck Ice Rink Reopens To Smiles, Spills After Renovation
- 5 Mamaroneck, Larchmont Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday