NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- A 40-year-old man was struck and killed by a Metro-North train near New Rochelle on Monday, July 21 in what authorities believe to be an apparent suicide, according to LoHud.com.
Witnesses told authorities the man was behaving erratically before jumping at approximately 8:30 a.m. He was pronounced dead at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital at 9:59 p.m., LoHud.com reported.
- 1 Mamaroneck Defeats Mahopac In Overtime To Win Boys Lacrosse Sectional Title
- 2 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester, Rye, Mamaroneck To Halt Hunting Plans
- 3 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 4 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 5 Larchmont Population Growth Is State's Second Highest