MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Three men were charged on Friday afternoon with petty larceny after attempting to steal items from a local CVS Pharmacy, police said.
Robert J. Reger and Gilrael Ruperto-Lopez of the Bronx and Rene Maldonado of New Rochelle allegedly walked into a CVS with a shopping bag lined in aluminum in an attempt to have items passed through security devices undetected, police said.
According to police, the men stole two containers of baby formula powder, a shaving device and a white chocolate bar. The total value of the items taken was $112.07.
A store clerk noticed the men and contacted Town of Mamaroneck Police to report the incident. Police apprehended the men outside of the store.
All three were arraigned in front of judge and bail was set at $2,000 before they were returned to county jail. They will appear in court Monday night.
Police said they have the shopping bag and security footage to use as evidence in the case.
Reger and Maldonado were both charged with petit larceny and possession of an anti-security item, and Ruperto-Lopez was additionally charged with false personation for giving a false name, all misdemeanors, according to police.
- 1 Missing Larchmont Woman, 72, Is Found Safe In Manhattan
- 2 Larchmont Dads Rock And Roll With Their Band, 'Sway'
- 3 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 4 Mamaroneck Couple Donates $5M To Purchase College
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Larchmont, Mamaroneck