WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. - Manuela Morgado, the mother charged with murdering her four-year-old son Jason "Jake" Reish, will have a DNA sample taken when she appears before Judge James Hubert for a conference at Westchester County Court Thursday.
Morgado had been in a custody dispute with Jake's father, who lives in Briarcliff Manor, officials said. She told police responding to her home at 1030 E. Post Road Oct. 1 that she killed her son because she didn't want anyone to take him from her, Det. Bernard McNally of the Village of Mamaroneck Police Department testified at an Oct. 17 felony hearing.
Morgado faces 25 years in prison if convicted. She has been remanded to the Westchester County Jail.
- 1 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 2 Mamaroneck Mom Pleads Guilty To Smoothering Death Of Son, 4
- 3 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 4 Former Larchmont Bank Manager Convicted Of Larceny
- 5 Larchmont Home Damaged By Electrical Fire