MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Students were briefly evacuated from Rye Neck High School in the Village of Mamaroneck on Wednesday after a strong smell of gas overtook the building, according to the Village of Mamaroneck police.
Police and fire responded and as a precaution evacuated the school as they searched for the source of the odor, police said.
A gas leak on a valve was found in the science department and Con Edison was called to repair the problem.
Students were out of class for less than 30 minutes, police said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.