TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- A 25-year-old Tarrytown man has been charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide in the September 2013 shooting death of 23-year-old Megan Bookstaver of Long Island, according to a Westchester County District Attorney release.
Eric Gaulin, 25, pleaded not guilty to the charges on Tuesday, April 15.
Gaulin and Bookstaver reportedly were gun enthusiasts and had been dating for four years at the time of the incident.
Gaulin and Bookstaver had just returned from the Palisades mall where they had purchased a new rifle. Gaulin was showing Bookstaver one of several rifles he owned at the time of the incident, according to the release.
Bookstaver's father said at the time of the incident it was a "horrible accident" but would not comment after the hearing in state Supreme Court in White Plains, according to LoHud.com.
Gaulin is reportedly the son of prominent entertainment lawyer Robert Gaulin.
- 1 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 2 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 3 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 4 Storm System Departs Mamaroneck, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 There Was An Upside To The Blizzard Scare In Larchmont