updated: RYE, N.Y. -- Two victims who were trapped Thursday morning after a trench collapsed at a work scene at 15 Bradford Ave. in Rye have been rescued, police said.
One man was higher up in trench and was rescued fairly quickly, police said. The second was rescued at about 12:40 p.m. Thursday, police said.
There was no word on the condition of either man.
A dirt wall collapsed, pinning the two workers against the foundation, shortly after 11 a.m., police said. A truck appeared to be used to try to remove gravel and other debris from the collapse. Rescue workers removed front windows from the house and were working from inside the house.
A Rye vacuum truck is enroute to the scene, and the Con-Ed vacuum truck has been requested.
The County Technical Rescue Team and White Plains Collapse Unit is also on the way to the scene of the collapse.
The accident scene is off Route 1, the Boston Post Road, in the vicinity of the Rye Golf Club.
White Plains and New Rochelle emergency responders were on scene assisting.
Check back with the Daily Voice for more on this story. Updates will be posted as more information becomes available.
- 1 One Killed, One Injured In Car Crash Near Port Chester High School
- 2 Two-Car Accident Results In Closure Of Route 127 In Mamaroneck
- 3 60-Year-Old Man Charged In 25 Cat Killings In Yonkers
- 4 Mamaroneck Firefighters Investigate Tompkins Avenue Kitchen Fire
- 5 IRS Warns Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam