MAMARONECK, N.Y. – A pair of witnesses helped stop a 17-year-old male accused of forcing a 30-year-old woman to the ground, causing her head to hit the pavement near midnight Tuesday on Old White Plains Road, Village of Mamaroneck police said.
The suspect, a Village of Mamaroneck resident, approached the woman, also a village resident, around 11:58 p.m., police said. After the woman hit the ground, which also damaged her phone, a witness confronted the suspect, said Det. Sandra DiRuzza, spokeswoman for the Village of Mamaroneck Police Department.
“The male ran off when approached by a witness and he was apprehended down the street from the incident with the assistance of another witness,” she said.
The victim suffered head pain and scratches from the incident, but declined medical treatment at the scene. The suspect did not know the victim and his intent is unknown, DiRuzza said.
He is charged with second-degree harassment, a violation, and fourth-degree criminal mischief, a misdemeanor.
He was arraigned on Tuesday, Aug. 19, and transported to Westchester County Jail.
- 1 Rye Neck HS Grad Josh Barach Launches App For New Anonymous Social Network
- 2 Snow Could Return To Larchmont, Mamaroneck For Morning Commute
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show