WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Hillary Clinton’s meeting with President Obama on Thursday, May 29, turned out to be an informal lunch, not a “meeting," according to The Washington Post.
People magazine’s Washington bureau chief Sandra Sobieraj Westfall interviewed Clinton, who lives in Chappaqua, on Thursday at Clinton’s Washington home before her scheduled lunch with Obama. After the interview, Westfall tweeted that she hoped she didn’t make Clinton late for her meeting with the president, then People retweeted the statement with the amendment that it was a lunch, not a meeting.
Westfall said that the White House did not ask her to take down the tweet and that she is the one who asked People to clarify Clinton’s visit at the White House.
The White House confirmed the lunch, with an official stating, “The president enjoyed an informal, private lunch with Secretary Clinton at the White House this afternoon.”s
- 1 Le Sirene Ristorante Opens In Larchmont
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Mamaroneck Celebrates July 4 With Picnics, Pyrotechnics
- 4 Passengers Stranded For Hours Overnight On Metro-North's New Haven Line
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money