MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Democrat Jaine Elkind Eney will serve on the Mamaroneck Town Council after easily defeating Republican challenger Jay Rubin, according to unofficial results from the Board of Elections.
"I'm honored to continue to serve the people of the Town of Mamaroneck," Eney said late Tuesday night.
Eney held 66 percent of the vote with 85 percent of districts reporting, according to unofficial results from the Board of Elections.
Eney was appointed to her seat earlier this year to fill a vacancy, and previously served as trustee and deputy mayor in the Village of Larchmont.
Eney has served 19 years in local government.
Republican Rubin served on the LMC-TV Board of Directors.
Democrat Ronald W. Meister easily won his race for town justice against Republican challenger Robert A. Sternbach, according to results from the Democratic Party.
The focus of all three campaigns was how to maintain the level of service residents have come to expect, while adhering to the 2 percent property tax cap.
- 1 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says
- 2 Mamaroneck Ice Rink Reopens To Smiles, Spills After Renovation
- 3 New Rochelle Native Pleads Guilty For Role In Fatal Crash
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Mamaroneck On Wednesday