MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Mamaroneck voters will choose three new village trustees and one town council member in the Nov. 6 elections.
In the Village of Mamaroneck, current trustees Toni Pergola-Ryan, John Hofstetter and Sid Albert, all Democrats, will not seek another term, opening the board to three new faces next year.
The Democratic candidates are Leon Potok, Illissa Miller and Andres J. Bermudez-Hallstrom. Their Republican challengers are George Belsito, Dennis P. Cucinella and Michael Sudano.
Also on the ballot this year, Village Justice Daniel J. Gallagher, a Democrat, will run for re-election against Republican challenger Jennifer E. Bienstock-Cohen.
In the Town of Mamaroneck, newcomer Jay Rubin, a Republican, will challenge sitting Council member Jaine Elkind Eney, a Democrat. For Town Justice, Ronald Meister, a Democrat, will run against Robert Sternbach, a Republican.
The League of Women Voters of Larchmont/Mamaroneck will host and moderate candidate forums Wednesday at the Town of Mamaroneck Courtroom, and Monday at 7 p.m. at the Village of Mamaroneck Courtroom.
“Especially during a Presidential Election year, voters are overwhelmed with so many ads and mailers that some of the important local races can get lost in the mix,” said Elisabeth Radow, president of the LWV of Larchmont/Mamaroneck. “These debates showcase all the races that impact our citizens’ lives. The League provides these forums as a public service to give voters an opportunity to examine the priorities and beliefs of each candidate before going to the polls.”
The following candidates are slated to debate on each date (asterik indicates an incumbent).
Oct. 24 (Town of Mamaroneck Courtroom, 7 p.m.)
US Congress (District 16):
- Eliot Engel* (D, Working Families), Joseph McLaughlin (R), Joseph Diaferia (Green Party)
NY State Assembly (91st District):
- Steve Otis (D, Independence, Working Families) and William Villanova (R, Conservative)
Town of Mamaroneck Justice:
- Ronald Meister* (D) and Robert Sternbach (R)
Town of Mamaroneck Council Member (one seat):
- Jaine Elkind Eney* (D), Jay Rubin (R)
Oct. 29 (Village of Mamaroneck Courtroom, 7 p.m.)
NY State Senate (37th District):
- George S. Latimer (D, Working Families) and Bob Cohen (R, Conservative, Independence)
Village of Mamaroneck Justice:
- Daniel Gallagher* (D, Independence) and Jennifer Bienstock Cohen (R, Conservative, Taxpayers Relief)
Village of Mamaroneck Trustee (Elect 3):
- George Belsito (R, Conservative, Independence), Dennis Cucinella (R, Conservative, Taxpayers Relief), Michael Sudano (R, Conservative, Taxpayers Relief), Leon Potok (D), Andres Bermudez Hallstrom (D), Ilissa Miller (D)
For more information on local, state and congressional elections, visit Vote411.