WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo still maintains a 2-to-1 advantage over Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino in the race for governor, according to the most recent Quinnipiac University poll.
The poll shows Cuomo, a Democrat, enjoying a 56-28 percent advantage over Astorino, a Republican. This number remains largely unchanged compared to a poll released in May that had Cuomo leading 57-28 percent.
Even Cuomo's involvement in the Moreland Commission investigation hasn't had much of an impact on the Democratic incumbent's lead.
The poll says 50 percent of voters say they disapprove of the way Cuomo is handling ethics in government, but 49 percent say they feel he would do a better job than Astorino.
Astorino still remains largely unknown throughout the state, with 51 percent of voters not knowing enough about the GOP candidate to form an opinion.
- 1 Mamaroneck Celebrating July 4 With A Bang
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital