WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Billionaire Donald Trump took to his Twitter account to weigh in on Westchester County Executive Robert Astorino's potential gubernatorial run against Gov. Andrew Cuomo next year.
"I like Rob Astorino. He's a friend and a really good guy. Sadly, he has ZERO chance of beating Cuomo and the 2 to 1 Dems for governor!," Trump Tweeted.
Polls conducted by Quinnipiac University and The Wall Street Journal/NBC New York 4/Marist College in November agree with Trump's opinion, giving the Democrat Cuomo comfortable double-digit leads over Republican Astorino in both polls.
Astorino has yet to decide if he will challenge Cuomo.
The Republican was re-elected county executive in November when he defeated New Rochelle Mayor Noam Bramson with 56.2 percent of the vote in predominately Democratic Westchester County.
- 1 Rye Neck HS Grad Josh Barach Launches App For New Anonymous Social Network
- 2 Snow Could Return To Larchmont, Mamaroneck For Morning Commute
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam