WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Several Westchester County towns, including Briarcliff, Lewisboro, Irvington and Pleasantville, were ranked among the safest areas in New York to live in according movoto.com.
Movoto.com ranked towns with a population of 5,000 or more in three categories: violent crime, property crime and chance that a resident will be the victim of a crime.
Briarcliff Manor was the highest ranking Westchester community at No. 2, followed by Lewisboro and Irvington at numbers 3 and 4, respectively.
Pleasantville rounded out the Westchester towns in the ranking at No. 6.
The top ranked town was Elmira, which is located south of the Finger Lakes near the Pennsylvania border.
- 1 Residents Complain About Mamaroneck Pub's Late-Night Noise
- 2 Man Shot Twice In New Rochelle Is In Serious Condition
- 3 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 4 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Group Home
- 5 Amber Alert Canceled After Missing Child Is Found Unharmed