WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Several Westchester County towns, including Briarcliff, Lewisboro, Irvington and Pleasantville, were ranked among the safest areas in New York to live in according movoto.com.
Movoto.com ranked towns with a population of 5,000 or more in three categories: violent crime, property crime and chance that a resident will be the victim of a crime.
Briarcliff Manor was the highest ranking Westchester community at No. 2, followed by Lewisboro and Irvington at numbers 3 and 4, respectively.
Pleasantville rounded out the Westchester towns in the ranking at No. 6.
The top ranked town was Elmira, which is located south of the Finger Lakes near the Pennsylvania border.
- 1 Rye Neck HS Grad Josh Barach Launches App For New Anonymous Social Network
- 2 Snow Could Return To Larchmont, Mamaroneck For Morning Commute
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Could See Another Round Of Snow
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam