NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Iona College is launching the undergraduate and graduate programs in computer science with a concentration in cyber security in the fall.
The concentration will be offered for the Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Arts and the Master of Science degrees. The cyber security programs will provide students with fundamental cyber security skills, theoretical as well as hands-on experience, Iona College officials said.
“This curriculum was developed to meet the emerging needs of business, government and healthcare industries in a field that is positioned for continued growth,” said Robert Schiaffino, Ph.D., chair and professor of computer science at Iona College. “Today, cyber security is one of the most sought-after skills in technology, and the trend is going to continue for the anticipated future.”
In a recent Best Jobs article on the CNN Money Web site, cyber security is among the top 10 fastest growing careers in America, with a 27 percent growth rate, Iona College officials said.
“Any industry—from retail sales to hospitals to power plants—is dependent on information technology (IT), and cyber security is essential to ensuring that IT assets are protected,” said Schiaffino.
Prospective students seeking more information about the cyber security programs are asked to contact Schiaffino at email@example.com or 914-633-2338.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 2 Mamaroneck's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Mamaroneck Among Westchester Parishes Waiting On Possible Closure
- 4 Hutchinson Parkway Reopens After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester