MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The Mamaroneck Schools Foundation will host the seventh annual Junior Triathlon starting at 7:30 a.m. Saturday.
The triathlon will consist of 300 students from second to eighth grades and will use Hommocks Middle School, Flint Park and parts of Mamaroneck for the three parts of the race.
The swimming portion will be done at Hommocks Middle School, the biking will be done in Mamaroneck, and much of the run will be in Flint Park, said Carolyn Lee, co-chair of the Mamaroneck Schools Foundation.
Some roads in Mamaroneck will be closed, so residents are urged to be cautious. Spectators are urged to ride bikes or walk to the locations, because parking will be limited, Lee said.
“Come down to the finish line,” Lee said. “It’s always great to see the looks on the children’s faces after they finish the race.”
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Westchester Man Wins Millions In Lottery
- 4 Long Island Man Found Drunk, Passed Out In Scarsdale Driveway, Police Say
- 5 Larchmont Family Profiled In New York Times House Hunt