MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The Mamaroneck Schools Foundation will host the seventh annual Junior Triathlon starting at 7:30 a.m. Saturday.
The triathlon will consist of 300 students from second to eighth grades and will use Hommocks Middle School, Flint Park and parts of Mamaroneck for the three parts of the race.
The swimming portion will be done at Hommocks Middle School, the biking will be done in Mamaroneck, and much of the run will be in Flint Park, said Carolyn Lee, co-chair of the Mamaroneck Schools Foundation.
Some roads in Mamaroneck will be closed, so residents are urged to be cautious. Spectators are urged to ride bikes or walk to the locations, because parking will be limited, Lee said.
“Come down to the finish line,” Lee said. “It’s always great to see the looks on the children’s faces after they finish the race.”
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Larchmont, Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York