MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The Mamaroneck Schools Foundation will host the seventh annual Junior Triathlon starting at 7:30 a.m. Saturday.
The triathlon will consist of 300 students from second to eighth grades and will use Hommocks Middle School, Flint Park and parts of Mamaroneck for the three parts of the race.
The swimming portion will be done at Hommocks Middle School, the biking will be done in Mamaroneck, and much of the run will be in Flint Park, said Carolyn Lee, co-chair of the Mamaroneck Schools Foundation.
Some roads in Mamaroneck will be closed, so residents are urged to be cautious. Spectators are urged to ride bikes or walk to the locations, because parking will be limited, Lee said.
“Come down to the finish line,” Lee said. “It’s always great to see the looks on the children’s faces after they finish the race.”
- 1 Mamaroneck Ranks Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 2 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 3 National Weather Service: Winter Won't Be So Bad In Mamaroneck, Larchmont
- 4 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 5 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks