LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Larchmont Avenue Church Preschool has earned accreditation again from the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
The preschool has been accredited since 1992 and this is the seventh re-accreditation. To earn NAEYC accreditation, the preschool went through an extensive self-study process, measuring the program and its services against the ten NAEYC Early Childhood Program Standards and more than 400 related Accreditation Criteria, representatives said.
“We’re proud to have earned the mark of quality from NAEYC, and to be recognized for our commitment to reaching the highest professional standards,” said Joyce Guimaraes, director of the preschool. “NAEYC Accreditation lets families in our community know that children in our program are getting the best care and early learning experiences possible.”
The preschool received NAEYC Accreditation after an on-site visit by NAEYC Assessors to ensure that the program met each of the 10 standards. For more information about NAEYC Accreditation, residents can visit the NAEYC website.
- 1 Rio Bravo Opens In Larchmont Offering Healthy Mexican Fare
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Rye Police Identify High School Student Charged In Latest Bomb Threat
- 4 Iron Horse Restaurant Opens Second Location In Larchmont
- 5 Mamaroneck's Skinny House Nominated As Historic Place