MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The following information was announced regarding the Mamaroneck High School’s graduation ceremony on Wednesday:
For students –
- Seniors who have not paid the $26 fee for cap and gown, or who still owe textbooks, library books, or athletic equipment will not receive their caps and gowns.
- Commencement rehearsal will be held Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Rehearsal is mandatory. Students will be seated alphabetically in the Post Road Auditorium and will proceed by row to the Manchester Field.
- Faculty and students must meet in the Post Road Gym by 5 p.m. for the ceremony.
- A group photo of graduates will be taken in cap and gown at 5:15 p.m. in the gym.
- Graduates will return to the assigned seats in the auditorium to wait for commencement, which begins at 6 p.m.
For guests –
- Chairs will be provided for all guests, who will be accommodated outdoors on the baseball field.
- Seating is first-come, first-served basis.
- Guests must have their tickets or admission will not be allowed to attend
In case of rain –
- June 20 is the rain date for graduation.
- If an indoor ceremony is necessary, news will be announced via One Call Now alerts and on the district website. If indoors, graduates will be able to invite two family members to sit in the auditorium.
Additional information –
- The ceremony will be presented live on Cablevision channel 77, or Verizon channel 35.
- For handicapped parking, call Mr. Frasene at 914-220-3215.
- Professional photographers will be present to take a picture of each graduate as diplomas are presented. Details on how to see proofs of the group photo and individual photos will be issued within two or three days. Island Photography can be reached at 1-800-869-0908.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.