MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- The last week of summer vacation marks teacher orientation for Mamaroneck schools.
Mamaroneck schools welcomed new teachers at events throughout the week, including a bus tour of Larchmont and Mamaroneck with views of Harbor Island.
Before teachers start passing out assignments to weary-eyed students, the school district throws a few activities at the teachers during teacher orientation.
In past years, they included exercises designed to find out a bit about these new teachers and what experiences and interests and knowledge base they bring with them to the district. This has included free-writing exercise to elicit those experiences, interests and base of knowledge.
Teachers also spend an afternoon in the buildings they will be teaching in to get to know their administrators, their classrooms and began to get their feet on the ground in the building.
- 1 Mamaroneck Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 2 Rye Neck Schools Will Have Early Dismissal Wednesday
- 3 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 4 Wake, Funeral Service Scheduled For Port Chester Crash Victim
- 5 Westchester Roadways Have Heavy Volume With Storm, Thanksgiving Approaching