MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Rye Neck High School in Mamaroneck was named among the top high schools in New York and was one of only 500 schools nationwide to receive a gold medal rating in the annual U.S. News & World Report study.
Rye Neck was the ninth-highest-ranked school in Westchester County and 39th in New York. Nationally, Rye Neck was ranked 235th.
U.S. News analyzed more than 31,200 public high schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and has published data on more than 19,400, including student demographics and results on state exams and Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate tests.
The 500 gold medal schools make up less than two-percent of the total schools studied.
In addition, 1,519 schools took home silver medals and 2,688 were awarded bronze.
The top ten schools in Westchester County -- all of which received gold medal ratings -- were ranked in this order by U.S. News:
1. Edgemont High School, Scarsdale
2. Rye High School
3. Horace Greeley High School, Chappaqua
4. Yonkers High School
5. Hastings High School
6. Byram Hills High School, Armonk
7. Briarcliff High School
8. North Salem High School
9. Rye Neck High School, Mamaroneck
10. Scarsdale High School
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mamaroneck Skies Sunday
- 2 Former Larchmont Moving Company Executive Gets Six-Year Prison Term
- 3 Medical Examiner: Larchmont Native Joan Rivers Died Of Low Blood Oxygen
- 4 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 5 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions