MAMARONECK, N.Y. – Voters passed the Rye Neck Schools $39.9 million budget Tuesday night and re-elected two trustees who ran unopposed.
With 704 ballots tallied, 83.2 percent voted in favor of the budget, which complies with the state-mandated cap on the property tax levy. The district plans to increase the tax levy 3.12 percent.
The budget adds 1.40 full-time equivalent positions at a cost of $159,694, including part-time math and English elective teachers at the middle and high school, a teaching assistant for special education at the high school and a physical education teacher for both the middle and high school.
Additionally, a resource teacher will be added at Bellows Elementary School, while a part-time clerical position and a few elementary school classroom support monitors will be cut.
Deborah Aulfinger won re-election with 608 votes, while Rocco Germani received 618 votes.
- 1 Three Brothers From Harrison Open Healthy Cafe In Mamaroneck
- 2 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Jeanine Pirro's Westchester Home Is Listed At $4.99M