MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- The Mamaroneck Selection Committee for the Board of Education is looking for qualified candidates to fill anticipated 2014 term vacancies.
School board members, together with the superintendent and district personnel, have the following responsibilities:
• Developing district education priorities and goals and monitoring and evaluating progress
• Establishing policy
• Approving contracts, bonds and influencing how tax dollars are spent with the annual budget
Candidates are being sought who are community- minded and team players who care deeply about our public schools. An ideal board member should have strong communication skills and be able to discuss, analyze and synthesize information while building consensus across multiple constituencies.
Experience with children in or just out of the Mamaroneck school system is a plus. Candidates must be Mamaroneck residents, U.S. citizens and at least 18 years old.
Board members are expected to attend two Tuesday evening meetings and one Tuesday morning meeting per month and should plan to give approximately 10 hours per week overall to board activities. They are elected to three-year terms.
The deadline to submit an application is Jan. 31.
If you would like to apply, email Ann Lefever here.
More information on the Selection Committee, the application process, and your school's representatives to the Committee, can be found here.
- 1 Autopsy Released For Woman Found Naked In Neighbor's Yard In Yonkers
- 2 New Rochelle Native Jerome Kohlberg, Billionaire, Philanthropist, Dies
- 3 Mamaroneck Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 Supermarket Settlement Tops Week's News Around Westchester
- 5 Police Locate Missing Westchester Man, 53