WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Even though the New York Knicks are letting fans have a say in the name of the Developmental League team coming to Westchester County, the organization has already filed trademarks for a few names, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The NBADL has filed for trademarks on the following names: The New York Plainsmen, the New York Hutch, the New York 914s, the New York Empire, and the New York 'Bockers, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Fans online submissions for potential names will remain open until Monday, March 24, the Wall Street Journal said.
- 1 Larchmont Man Charged With Grand Larceny
- 2 Hundreds Gather In Larchmont For Funeral Of News Reporter Slattery
- 3 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 4 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 5 Mamaroneck's Olivia Thurman Receives Scholarship To Study Abroad