LARCHMONT, N.Y. -- Larchmont resident Anoush Shehadeh, who attends Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass., is the 2013-14 Gatorade Massachusetts Girls Cross Country Runner of the Year.
She is now a finalist for the prestigious Gatorade National Girls Cross Country Runner of the Year award to be announced in January.
The 5-foot-3-inch junior captured second place at the Foot Locker Northeast Regional championships this past season with a time of 17:32.3 and qualified for the national Foot Locker Cross Country Championships, where she finished fourth.
She is also a two-time New England Preparatory School Track Association individual champion in cross country.
The award recognizes not only outstanding athletic excellence but also high standards of academic achievement and exemplary character demonstrated on and off the racecourse.
Shehadeh has maintained a 4.5 grade point average on a 6-point scale in the classroom. An accomplished oboist and guitarist, she has donated her time as a math and science tutor as well as a child-care volunteer.
“Anoush Shehadeh is one of the strongest and most consistent athletes to come through our running program,” said Phillips Academy head coach Rebecca Hession in a release. “She has incredible self-discipline and a true passion for competition."
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 State Police Warn Larchmont, Mamaroneck Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Announced For Teenage Sisters Murdered In Harrison
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York