MAMARONECK, N.Y. – The Mamaroneck High School boys’ basketball team travels to White Plains High School on Monday for a league match-up at 4:15 p.m.
Mamaroneck has had an up-and-down season and is coming off a 10-point loss to rival New Rochelle High School on Thursday. The Tigers have struggled with the best teams on their schedule as they have dropped games to New Rochelle, Mount Vernon, Scarsdale and Rye Neck high school.
But the Tigers have shown they can grind out a win in tough circumstances. They bounced back well against Harrison in the Sound Shore Classic, Mamaroneck’s own tournament, after a loss in the first round and knocked off Dobbs Ferry High School in early January.
Mamaroneck also lost a close double overtime game to Union-Endicott High School in which Alex Lanni poured in 30 points.
White Plains has struggled for much of the year but has posted wins against Ossining, Yorktown and Scarsdale high schools. Mike DeMello has emerged as a special player for the Tigers and has shown the capability to carry his team through the fourth quarter if necessary.
Mamaroneck will need to lock down DeMello to ensure the victory on Monday. A win against league foe White Plains would certainly help Mamaroneck at this point in the season as teams in Class AA jockey for playoff seeding.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 4 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 5 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket