MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Mamaroneck High School coaches and administrators recognized graduating Tiger athletes on Thursday -- after they made their college sports team commitments.
They gathered in Palmer gym to enthusiastically celebrate their achievements on and off the playing fields.
Mamaroneck Athletics Director Bari Suman told the student sports stars how proud the entire high school and community are of their accomplishments and decision to play college sports.
MHS athletes recognized on Thursday were:
- Patricia Muratore, who will play softball for Lesley University,
- Elizabeth Clarke, who will play field hockey for Hamilton College,
- Grace Fitzgerald, who will play field hockey for Bates College,
- Brian Knapp, who will play baseball for Pomona College
- Peter Mati, who will play baseball for the University of Pennsylvania.
- Miles Haughton, who has committed to play basketball at SUNY Cortland.
Also recognized for their college choices as members of track and field teams next year were:
- Ittai Rosales, who will join the team at Siena College,
- Shari Rauls, who was accepted at Brown University,
- Katie DeVore, who will compete at the University of Pennsylvania,
- Lauren Chapey. who will run for Yale University
- Sean Ideozu, who will compete at Stony Brook University.
Competing in lacrosse at the college level will be:
- Tiger All-American Eric Greenberg, who is going to Lehigh University,
- JM Knoetgen, who will compete for Bard College,
- Chris Conley, who is going to Hamilton College,
- Jason Bienstock, who will play for Union College.
Playing soccer for Amherst College will be Erin McClave, while Talia Land has signed on to play lacrosse at Amherst.
Theresa Pace plans to join the swim team at the University of Delaware while Nicole Parry will swim for Army at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.