MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Baseball and lacrosse kicks off the Mamaroneck Tigers spring season Saturday with five junior varsity and varsity games, a barbecue and family activities from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Throughout the day, sports fans can enjoy barbecue and smoothies or try their luck at the "Catch a Tiger" grab bag game. The barbecue lunch and dinner are hosted by the girls and boys lacrosse teams.
The Opening Day and barbecue is a new initiative of the Tiger Stripes Booster Club, said Debbie Manetta, district spokesperson. The club, which was re-established last year, is a sub-committee of the Sports Advisory Committee.
Those who wish to join the Booster Club during Opening Day will get a free pair of MHS flip flops and a car magnet.
Opening Day Schedule:
- Babe Ruth "Intro to the Big Field" at Manchester Field from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Youth Lacrosse games from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Memorial Field
- JV Boys Lacrosse vs. Ardsley at 1 p.m.
- Varsity Baseball vs. Ardsley at 2 p.m.
- JV Girls Lacrosse vs. Sleepy Hollow at 3 p.m.
- Varsity Girls Lacrosse vs. Sleepy Hollow at 5 p.m.
- Varsity Boys Lacrosse vs. Fox Lane at 7 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.