MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Hrvoje Glavan, a Mamaroneck resident and midfielder on Fairfield University men's soccer team, will play a major part in improving the team's record this season, according to a news release from the college.
The Fairfield University men’s soccer team begins its 2014 season on Friday, Aug. 29, when the Stags visit West Point to take on Army at Clinton Field.
The Stags looks to improve on last year's record, trying to surpass its eight-win season. There are hopes for Glavan to play a part in attaining this goal and to take the team to the MAAC Conference Tournament, according to the release.
Glavan has been a regular in the Fairfield starting lineup, starting 14 out of 16 games last year and coming on as a substitute in Fairfield’s other two games. He has played in every game for the Stags since he became a part of the program in 2011.
The midfielder will look to not only help the Stags better last season’s campaign but also better his personal stats. With one goal and one assist last year, the senior will look to score more and set up his teammates as well and, as a result, add more wins, according to the release.
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 3 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 4 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 5 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer