BINGHAMTON, N.Y. -- The Mount Vernon High School boys basketball season ended Saturday when Union Endicott High School stopped the Knights 69-66 in overtime of the Class AA boys regional championship game at Binghamton University.
The Section 1 champion Knights led by three points on a Tyger Hackett 3-pointer with three minutes left in overtime after the game ended at 59-59 on a Yahanni Bartley free throw with seven seconds left in the fourth quarter to force overtime.
Devonte Banner scored 23 points to keep the Knights in the game through the third quarter
Union-Endicott guards C.J. Krowiak (25 points) and Osama Barwari (23) led the way for the winners, who advanced to the state semifinals at Glens Falls, Saturday, March 15.
Brandon Martin added 18 points and Bartley gad seven for Mount Vernon, who led 49-43 after three quarters but could not hold the lead.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 3 Man, 34, Is Charged With Driving Wrong Way On Hutch, DWI
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Westchester Native Bruce Jenner Says In TV Interview