MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - The Mount Vernon Knights dropped their season opener at Carmel last Friday but will look to rebound in familiar surroundings against Mamaroneck in Saturday's home opener at 1:30 p.m.
The Knights (0-1), who struggled on offense and defense in the 34-8 loss, will need to pick up the intensity against a Mamaroneck Tigers team that opened its season with a 28-7 victory against Suffern.
Mamaroneck (1-0) is led by quarterback Danny McCarthy, who passed for 104 yards and three touchdowns against Suffern on opening day. Mat Marino, Will Giddon and Alex Parkinson each caught a touchdown pass.
Returning senior quarterback Anthony Green will lead the Mount Vernon offense that could not move the ball consistently against Carmel. The Knights defense will be keyed by seniors David Watkins, LaDre Milburn, Chris Anoff and Lamont Albert. Mamaroneck's passing offense will be tough for the Knights to handle.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 3 Fireworks Prompt Residents Near Metropolis Country Club To Fear Attack
- 4 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says
- 5 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police