MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - The Mount Vernon Knights dropped their season opener at Carmel last Friday but will look to rebound in familiar surroundings against Mamaroneck in Saturday's home opener at 1:30 p.m.
The Knights (0-1), who struggled on offense and defense in the 34-8 loss, will need to pick up the intensity against a Mamaroneck Tigers team that opened its season with a 28-7 victory against Suffern.
Mamaroneck (1-0) is led by quarterback Danny McCarthy, who passed for 104 yards and three touchdowns against Suffern on opening day. Mat Marino, Will Giddon and Alex Parkinson each caught a touchdown pass.
Returning senior quarterback Anthony Green will lead the Mount Vernon offense that could not move the ball consistently against Carmel. The Knights defense will be keyed by seniors David Watkins, LaDre Milburn, Chris Anoff and Lamont Albert. Mamaroneck's passing offense will be tough for the Knights to handle.
- 1 Rye Neck, Mamaroneck High Schools Rank Among New York's Best
- 2 There Was An Upside To The Blizzard Scare In Larchmont
- 3 Greenburgh Doctor Sued In Joan Rivers Death Faced Earlier Malpractice Suit
- 4 Police Search For Suspect In Friday Night Attempted Robbery In Mamaroneck
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Mamaroneck, Larchmont