RYE, N.Y. -- MSG Varsity will host a 90-minute tribute to late basketball coach Jack Curran of Rye Tuesday night. Curran died last week at the age of 82.
The special, "Remembering a Legend," will be hosted by Mike Quick and will look back over Curran's 55 years coaching baseball and basketball at Archbishop Molloy High School. During that time Curran had the best record in New York State history, and won the Catholic High School Athletic Association title 25 times for baseball and 22 times for basketball.
The special will include appearances by several people who Curran coached, including former NBA player Kenny Anderson, current Mets outfielder Mike Baxter, St. Anthony High School basketball coach Bob Hurley, former NBA player Kevin Joyce, current Louisville guard Russell Smith, CHSAA President Ray Nash, St. Peter's College basketball coach John Dunne, former All Hallows High School basketball coach John Carey, and former Holy Cross basketball coach Paul Gilvary.
The special will air from 8 to 9:30 p.m. on MSG Varsity and on MSGVarsity.com.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads To Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Blizzard Warning As 18-24 Inches Of Snow Possible In Larchmont, Mamaroneck
- 3 Larchmont, Mamaroneck Dodge Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Harrison Student, 23, Struck, Killed By Car While Walking Near Cornell
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency