PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Pace University Football captains have been announced for the 2014 season.
This season captains will be seniors Brian Beeker and Blair Wynn along with juniors Tyler Owens and Justin Mills.
Beeker was quarterback and wide receiver in 11 games last season for the Setters. He completed 61 of 131 passes for 589 and five touchdowns, while rushing 41 time for 75 yards and a touchdown. As a receiver, he caught 27 passes for 275 yards.
Wynn played in three games as a running back before his season ended due to an injury. He caught four passes for 42 yards and earned a touchdown in limited action in 2013.
Owens was second on the team in tackles last season with 72 from his defensive line position. He led the team with 4.5 sacks as well as tackles for loss with 10 in 2013. He has two forced and recovered fumbles on the season.
Mills joins the Setters this fall after transferring from Rutgers University. He is expected to make an immediate impact on the program this season as a linebacker.
The Setters open the 2014 season on Saturday, Sept. 6, as they host Alderson Broaddus at noon.
To view the complete 2014 Pace football schedule, click here.
- 1 Two Women Rob Man At Knifepoint In New Rochelle, Report Says
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95
- 3 Ellen Page, Julianne Moore Film 'Freeheld' At Rye Brook Gas Station
- 4 Mamaroneck Ice Rink Reopens To Smiles, Spills After Renovation
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester