MAMARONECK, N.Y. -- Rye Neck enjoyed a season-opening win in front of its home fans so much, the Panthers will look for a repeat performance Saturday.
Rye Neck will host Palisades Prep at 3 p.m. in a Section 1 Class C football game. It is not often football teams have the luxury of playing consecutive home games.
“For me, personally, I love home games and to have another home game this week is nice,” said Jakob Calvini, who rushed for 77 yards and a touchdown in the team’s 37-0 win versus Blind Brook.
Calvini and his teammates played an excellent all-around game against their rival. Rye Neck and Blind Brook were once a combined team before the Trojans split and formed their own varsity football team earlier this millennium.
The Panthers are planning to duplicate their effort against Blind Brook and take advantage of their home-field advantage.
“We've been working hard and practicing hard,” Calvini said. “We've been having an excellent week of practice. We’re going to play as hard as we can and just take it one play at a time.”
- 1 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island
- 2 Redevelopment Of United Hospital Site Moves Forward In Port Chester
- 3 Village Of Mamaroneck Straddles Two Towns In Westchester
- 4 D'Agostino, Headquartered In Larchmont, Closes Its Last Local Supermarket
- 5 Larchmont Hosts Long Island Sound Swim Across America To Fight Cancer