WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Rye Neck and Woodlands football teams made the cut for MaxPreps' Images of the Year, which were published on Thursday, Aug. 7.
The photo, shown here, was taken by Patrick Tewey during the Section 1 Class C football championship game at Mahopac High School.
The photos were selected among images by more than 1,000 freelance photographers in MaxPreps' professional photographers' network nationwide.
Each photographer had the option of submitting three samples from his or her 2013-14 archives.
From the 20 images published here - which were chosen by the photo editor and director of photography from all submissions - three will be selected in an upcoming vote of the MP pro photo network to determine the top three, for cash awards.
New York high schools were represented in six of the 20 images in the feature overall.
Tewey was also cited for a photo of the Sleepy Hollow football team and its legendary Headless Horseman mascot.
Th complete gallery of the year's best pictures from around the nation is available by clicking here.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mamaroneck Skies Sunday
- 2 Former Larchmont Moving Company Executive Gets Six-Year Prison Term
- 3 Medical Examiner: Larchmont Native Joan Rivers Died Of Low Blood Oxygen
- 4 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Mamaroneck, NOAA Predicts
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95